Thursday, March 11, 2010

What a Great Day

Well, I LOVE progress... today I finished Karin's pajamas.   Sometimes I procrastinate, but not today!  I even mailed them!  Don't they look cute?




My honey is home so I wanted to do something nice for him.  He's always doing such nice things for me like making coffee every morning when he is home.  Well, today, not only did he make delicious coffee, he went and had my tires rotated!  I'm a very lucky woman.  I want him to feel just as lucky so today I got the bread machine out....



... and after the lovely bread machine did it's magic, this is what came out.....






My husband is from the Czech Republic.  I have been lucky enough to visit his country twice.  While there, I got to eat many pastries.  The one above is  called Kolace.  Fortunately, I was able to find a recipe close to what they make in Czech.  Mine turn out more like a bread than a pastry but he's happy with my results!  Kolache have a sweet surprise in the middle.  Mine are I filled with poppy seed filling but you can use jams too.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Your kolace look yummy! I've visited Prague once. What a cool place! I'd love to go back!