Friday, February 5, 2010

Progress.....on my Commitment





I'm off to a good start! I have finished the skirt for my niece, placed one seam in bedspread, cut out all the material for one tote and all the interfacing for both totes. I saw this skirt as a free pattern and thought....I can make this! Here's a link for anyone who would like to have
the pattern.http://http://www.oliverands.com/downloads/Oliver+SLazyDaysSkirt.pdf .I am happy w/my progress; especially considering that I just bought a new computer (Mac) and I have spent quite a bit of time learning my way around it!

The top picture is a sneak peek of the fabric I'm using for a tote bag. I am making this for a friend's daughter who is having a baby girl due in May. The pattern I'm using is The Sling Bag by Amy Butler. I have made 3 of these totes and have received great feedback; people like this bag. I'm also making one for the my sister, Cindy. I keep promising her one and each time I make one I end up giving it away when I show off the bag. So, as part of my commitment, she is going to get her bag!! No showing it off except on my blog!






























No comments: