Friday, December 17, 2010

Helping Someone with the help of Smart and Final



Today, I had the privilege to be a part of something very important.   Collective Bias asked me if I wanted to partake in  "Sharing & Caring Campaign" at Smart and Final.  I take this campaign seriously because I have been a recipient of someone's act of kindness many years ago.  I'm thrilled to be able to pass along this kindness to someone in need of a little help. 

The person I chose to help out is a co-worker.  I can relate to her because I was in her shoes 28 years ago!  I was a single mother, just like her.  I wanted to provide a good life for my child just like she does.  But it’s hard when you have only yourself to rely on and you have someone else who is depending on you.  The holiday times are the hardest.  When you’re struggling just to pay for the necessities there is little or no money left to give your child a gift.  I wanted to make it a little easier so when Collective Bias offered me a $25.00 gift certificate to shop at Smart and Final to participate in bringing holiday cheer to someone in need, I said “YES!”




There are many ways to approach what you purchase when you want to help someone. You could buy something they can enjoy, such as a really good cheesecake.  They could serve it when they have company dropping by for the holidays.  You could purchase some groceries for them.  It’s always nice to have a delicious meal!  But what I remember from my early years as a single mom was the need for the very basics.  If I could provide some of the basic necessities for my co-worker, she could afford to spend some money on her child for the holidays.

I am fortunate to have more than just one Smart and Final close to my home.  This is awesome when you’re out and about and need to shop quickly.  I don't have to waste time traveling because I can either go north or south and run into a Smart and Final.  If time is an issue, I'm sure you can appreciate this!  If you're wondering if you have a Smart and Final close to you, check it out here: Smart and Final. 

Now for my experience shopping at Smart and Final: When I thought of this store, the first thing that came to my mind was, “This is the store you go to if you own a business and need large quantities of stuff."  Well, my trip today proved me wrong! I found many items for sale in small quantities. They came in different sizes to accommodate a small family or a big business:


Same item: small or large quantities




I also liked that I didn’t have to compromise on my belief of being earth-friendly.  I purchased items made of  recycled material , items that could be recycled or used more than one time:

Earth Friendly!




More than one use




I found it easy to find the DEALS.  Look at the many yellow labels:  ALL GOOD DEALS (who doesn't like a sale)!  There are rows of yellow stickers!  Actually, I was surprised at how many deals I could find.  You don’t have to look hard,  they're all around you. 








I also liked that they sell many store-name products at great prices.  This is a great way to get more bang for your buck.  It gives me more purchasing power, who doesn't love that!

Many Products are manufactured by Smart and Final

 I liked the wide isles which made shopping so much more pleasant.  When a cart is coming up the isle in the opposite direction, you don’t have to wonder if you’ll both fit. Plus, look how clean this store is; I could take my mother shopping at this store (my mother who loves to see how clean things are with her white glove test!)

Wide Isles!  A real plus if shopping with kids



So, without compromising my earth-friendly creed, believing in purchasing basic necessities to make life a little easier on my co-worker, here’s what I purchased for $25.00:

This is a lot of bang for my buck!
Look at all my savings!!!
The only downside to my shopping experience was rain.  I live in the desert where it only rains a few times a year. Oh well, I finally got to use my raincoat!


If you are able to help someone out, please do! I have been so blessed since my younger years, it's so nice to be able to give to someone just like me.  Thank you Collective Bias and Smart and Final for giving me a chance to improve someone's holiday.  

Happy Holidays to all!

Disclosure:  Collective Bias compensated me for my time, but all opinions are my own.



2 comments:

Amy @ Dealusional said...

What a wonderful friend you are! I'm sure your gifts will be a success, and it was so thoughtful of you to include environmentally-friendly products.

Anonymous said...

goygoygoioi
lkljlkролдрод момпромпорм пл
ромрммп