Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies Kinda Day







Today I needed to bake.  I don't know what makes me get into the mood that I have to bake.  But, I do know, that if I get in the mood I should just do it....the results are usually good!  I have wanted to try a new recipe from Cook's Illustrated.  It deviates from the normal chocolate chip cookie....in a good way!  You have to melt the butter in a skillet and let it get golden brown and nutty smelling.  You don't use a mixer to make these...nice!  If you choose to make these follow the recipe exactly and read all their helpful hints.  It will help you make the best cookies.  I love that eating just one cookie is enough.  It's big, chewing, gooey, and filling.  It's a cookie with a lot of flavor and has a good texture.  I hope this post will make you try it, I believe you won't be disappointed.  I can't wait for my husband to get home.  He'll love it and I'll get all of the praise...really you have to start with a great recipe but he doesn't need to know that (wink, wink!).


P.S.  It only made a dozen for me!  Well, really that's a good thing...you understand, I know you do!

No comments: